Angela D. Sherrill
- Business and Corporate Law
- Real Estate
- Employment Law & Litigation
- Intellectual Property
Angela Sherrill’s experience spans more than 25 years across a broad spectrum of business transactions and litigation matters. Ms. Sherrill serves as Of Counsel to Patrick, Harper & Dixon, LLP and focuses her practice with the Firm in the areas of Business and Real Property transactions, Corporate Law, Intellectual Property, and Employment Law.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Sherrill served as General Counsel for over 7 years to home furnishings manufacturer and national retailer Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams. Before moving back to North Carolina in 2012, Ms. Sherrill practiced law in Miami, Florida. Her prior representations include: the 2000 Presidential Election case; the Elián González matter; the leader of Movimiento Democracia against federal charges that he unlawfully entered Cuban territorial waters, which resulted in acquittal; the Chapter 7 Trustee for Southeast Banking Corporation after federal regulators seized its principal subsidiary, resulting in the largest liquidation in the Southern District of Florida at that time and triggering multidistrict litigation against the Bank’s former officers, directors, accountants, and legal counsel; as well as numerous other matters involving financial institutions, commercial transactions, and business disputes.
Ms. Sherrill is a member of The North Carolina Bar, The Florida Bar, and multiple federal courts. She received her B.A. in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she was on the Dean’s List, was selected as a teaching assistant for the Honors Program, and was chosen to participate in Bear Stearns’ summer internship program in New York. She earned her J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law, where she excelled at legal writing.
Throughout her career, Ms. Sherrill has been active in civic and other organizations, among them: Association of Corporate Counsel; Leadership Committee for the Foothills Carolina Club; Habitat for Humanity; Board Member for the Greater Miami Chapter of the ACLU and Senior Writer for its newsletter; Co-Chair of the Democratic Lawyers Council’s voter protection efforts in Miami-Dade County during the 2006, 2008, and 2010 national elections; Big Sister for disadvantaged youth. Ms. Sherrill enjoys the true-crime genre, Carolina basketball, and is a committed Francophile and a foodie.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – B.A. in Political Science, 1991
- University of Miami School of Law – J.D., 1994
- Teaching Assistant for the UNC Honors Program
- Theories of Ethical Communication Litigation Techniques
- Litigation Techniques
- Selected to Serve in Bear Stearns and Co.'s Summer Internship Program
- North Carolina
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- North Carolina Bar Association - Member of the Real Property Section
- Thirty-Sixth Judicial District Bar Association
- Leadership Committee for the Foothills Carolina Club
- Habitat for Humanity
- Former Board Member for the Greater Miami Chapter of the ACLU
- Co-Chair of the Democratic Lawyers Council’s voter protection efforts in Miami-Dade County during 2006, 2008, and 2010 national elections
- Big Sister for disadvantaged youth