Charles D. Dixon, a founder of the firm passed away on July 5, 2016. He received his undergraduate degree (A.B., 1949) in Economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his law degree (L.L.B., 1952) from Harvard Law School. In 1952, Mr. Dixon became the Firm’s first associate attorney. Four years later, he became a partner, and the Firm was renamed, Patrick, Harper & Dixon. Now, the Firm is the oldest and one of the largest firms in the area. The York County, SC, native served in the United States Army (1945-1947) as an Army Intelligence Officer, stationed with the Army of Occupation of Japan (1946-1947). He is a past president of the Catawba County Bar Association and 25th Judicial District Bar Association. He was a member of the Catawba County, North Carolina and American Bar Associations. In addition, he was a member of the American Judicature Society and American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. On June 19, 2003, he was inducted into the North Carolina Bar Association General Practice Hall of Fame. In the community, the Hickory attorney was an elder of First Presbyterian Church of Hickory. He was a past president of the Hickory Jaycees and recipient of the Jaycee’s Distinguished Service Award. He was a past president of the Hickory Kiwanis Club, past president of Hickory Chamber of Commerce; former member board of trustees, Lenoir-Rhyne College and a member of Lake Hickory Country Club. In 2005, he was awarded an honorary Doctor’s Degree by Lenoir-Rhyne University. In 2002, he was named Business Leader of the Year by the Lenoir-Rhyne Business Council.